Makestation
Your favorite chain supermarket - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Forum: Poll Booth (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: Your favorite chain supermarket (/showthread.php?tid=175)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Kyng - May 12th, 2020

Since we don't have any of those supermarkets here in the UK, I just had to vote for 'Other' Tongue .

Most of our shopping is done at Morrison's (because it's nearest), Sainsbury's (because it's biggest), or Marks & Spencer (because it's nicest). All three are attractive for different reasons, so it really depends what we're in the mood for!

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - tc4me - May 12th, 2020

We don't all have supermarkets, we have Penny, Hofer, Spar

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Darth-Apple - May 13th, 2020

(May 12th, 2020 at 4:45 PM)Kyng Wrote: Since we don't have any of those supermarkets here in the UK, I just had to vote for 'Other' Tongue .

Most of our shopping is done at Morrison's (because it's nearest), Sainsbury's (because it's biggest), or Marks & Spencer (because it's nicest). All three are attractive for different reasons, so it really depends what we're in the mood for!

Haven't heard of any of those. The world is a different place here I suppose. Finna 

@tc4me: No supermarkets? Are there any in Vienna?

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - s3_gunzel - May 13th, 2020

Costco or IKEA. Can't decide. Easily spent $5000 this year between them.

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Darth-Apple - May 13th, 2020

I didn't know you guys had Costco in Australia @s3_gunzel . We love it here. Easily one of the better supermarkets around here.

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - tc4me - May 13th, 2020

There are many in Vienna, but none that you have

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - s3_gunzel - May 13th, 2020

(May 13th, 2020 at 3:19 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I didn't know you guys had Costco in Australia

There are surprisingly few Costcos in Australia, but they're amazing.

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - tc4me - May 13th, 2020

We do not know Cosco in Austria, it is too small a country

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Kyng - May 15th, 2020

(May 13th, 2020 at 1:18 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(May 12th, 2020 at 4:45 PM)Kyng Wrote: Since we don't have any of those supermarkets here in the UK, I just had to vote for 'Other' Tongue .

Haven't heard of any of those. The world is a different place here I suppose. Finna 

@tc4me: No supermarkets? Are there any in Vienna?

Yeah, we don't have a lot of the US supermarkets over here. We used to have Safeway, but they closed their UK operations in 2005, and I'm not even sure it was the same company as the US one anyway. 

As far as I'm aware, the only one that even operates over here is Walmart (they bought Asda about 20 years ago, but they never re-branded their stores as Walmart: they're still trading under the Asda name)

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - tc4me - May 16th, 2020

There are many in Vienna, but none that you have, we have , Spar, Metro, Merkur, Lidl,Penny

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Kim Winchester - July 20th, 2020

I like Walmart and Save-A-Lot the best.

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Guardian - July 20th, 2020

(July 20th, 2020 at 8:50 PM)Kim Winchester Wrote: I like Walmart and Save-A-Lot the best.

YO SAVE-A-LOT! That was basically the only place my mom shopped when I was a kid. Good stuff.

None where I live now though.

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Thomas - July 20th, 2020

(June 18th, 2013 at 5:37 AM)Durfsurn Wrote: We in Australia have a main food-supermarket duopoly through Coles (Westfarmers) and Woolworths (Safeway).
Then there are smaller ones like IGA and Aldi.

My favorite is IGA because it's cheap and it has all I need.

You'll never see this but idk what world you live in where IGA is cheap lol.

Oh, the upside down world.

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Kim Winchester - July 21st, 2020

(July 20th, 2020 at 9:16 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(July 20th, 2020 at 8:50 PM)Kim Winchester Wrote: I like Walmart and Save-A-Lot the best.

YO SAVE-A-LOT! That was basically the only place my mom shopped when I was a kid. Good stuff.

None where I live now though.

It sucks you don't have one where you live. The one place I wish we had here was Starbucks. I do like our Sheetz though.

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Guardian - July 21st, 2020

(July 21st, 2020 at 2:11 AM)Kim Winchester Wrote: It sucks you don't have one where you live. The one place I wish we had here was Starbucks. I do like our Sheetz though.

Wow, I thought Starbucks were pretty much everywhere now. Confused

You can't find it where I live.

RE: Your favorite chain supermarket - Guardian - July 21st, 2020

(July 21st, 2020 at 2:54 PM)Kim Winchester Wrote: You can't find it where I live.

That's cool, at least, if there are other options. Always good to giver others a chance I suppose.

We do have Mr. Donut as well as Sheetz. You can also get certain coffee drinks at McDonalds and Burger King.