Makestation
Microsoft's E3 - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Makestation Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Simmania (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=105)
+---- Forum: Other Games (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: Microsoft's E3 (/showthread.php?tid=144)

Microsoft's E3 - Acko - June 10th, 2013

So I've just started watching E3, and quite honestly, I cannot STAND watching Microsoft's E3 conference. This is the most I have ever heard the word 'innovation' used incorrectly. Although this was a short rant, I just want to know, if you do watch E3, what do you think of it (particularly Microsoft's block)>

Re: Microsoft's E3 - Darth-Apple - June 10th, 2013

Microsoft doesn't even know what the word "innovation" means haha. Apple certainly does, but with Apple nobody can afford anything they put out. Tongue

Re: Microsoft's E3 - Acko - June 10th, 2013

And, now, they're claiming they've helped indie developers more than anybody else. I wonder who pays them to spew out this trash?

Until recently, Microsoft didn't really even give open source their acknowledgement. Now that the whole world of software is opening up significantly they are trying to rush in and say they've supported it all along, which obviously just isn't true.

We <3 Microsoft!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!oneoneone - Acko - June 10th, 2013

Yeah, they'll claim they 'support' indie devs, to gain a slight publicity boost, but they can't escape their past.
On another note, I sure won't be buying the Xbox One. It's not a console at all, it's more like a 'let's build a low end pc that depends on a tv! Now even more bloated than our last attempt!'

Even the Xbox 360s had numerous issues due to the use of cheaper materials. You can't really argue with microsoft's success, but I'm not exactly a fan either.

Re: Microsoft's E3 - Acko - June 10th, 2013

They're very bold to claim that games like 'Forza' are possible ONLY with Xbox Architecture. Something's wrong with that sentence...

Re: Microsoft's E3 - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - June 10th, 2013

This is why I really dislike Microsoft Tongue

Why we hate Microsoft - Acko - June 10th, 2013

Although they've ALWAYS been heading in the wrong direction, it seems they've especially been going downhill since Steve Ballmer took over. Releases during his (dictatorship) have been terrible namely, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, Xbox One

I would have to agree. I'm afraid to know what's next.

Re: Microsoft's E3 - Durfsurn - June 15th, 2013

Gatesy needs to come back Tongue

Re: Microsoft's E3 - Darth-Apple - June 15th, 2013

Very true, very true. Seems like ever since he left the company has been going downhill.

RE: Microsoft's E3 - robertson123 - August 6th, 2013

I think this years E3 conference went as well as it could go i am a big fan of Microsoft and their Xbox 360 games console.Some people like E3 some people dont understand it at all i guess it helps if your into video games

RE: Microsoft's E3 - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 6th, 2013

I'm not. I hate to say it, but almost everyone at Microsoft are really just bean counters if you ask me...

RE: Microsoft's E3 - Darth-Apple - August 6th, 2013

Microsoft is a bit outdated these days, and that's my main issue with them. They've tried to change a lot of things by bringing in Windows 8, and it's nice, but it doesn't compare well to some of the alternatives right now.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"
Microsoft just doesn't get that. Besides trying to reinvent the wheel all the time...

RE: Microsoft's E3 - Darth-Apple - August 6th, 2013

Same thing with many professional software companies. vBulliten, for example, is the standard for forum software, and they keep doing full code rewrites and ruining their software. It's not something that's specific to microsoft.

Honestly, I think the open source world is a good solution. It's not realistic to expect all software to be open source, but I definitely support it where I can.

I support open source software too. But you're right, it's unrealistic to expect all software to be open source. Much like indie games vs all other genres, I play a ton of indie games but plenty of games out of various other genres too.