Makestation
Does anyone actually use Google+? - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Does anyone actually use Google+? (/showthread.php?tid=113)

Does anyone actually use Google+? - Darth-Apple - June 8th, 2013

Google + was launched a couple years ago, and at the time it seemed pretty interesting. Nowadays it's about as empty as myspace. I have maybe ten "friends" on G+, and I don't really see that changing anytime soon.

So, does anyone actually use Google Plus anymore?

Re: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Acko - June 8th, 2013

Well, google kind of makes one FOR you, so I guess I use googleplus

Re: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Darth-Apple - June 8th, 2013

I suppose, considering that even having a google account at all technically puts you on Google +. It seems like their approach has turned google plus into the same failure that google buzz faced though. Honestly google buzz was several years too late considering facebook was becoming popular.

Re: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - June 8th, 2013

Technically yes because of my Google account, but I don't use it or any social networking. Waste of time imo.

Re: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Darth-Apple - June 8th, 2013

I haven't posted in months. Not like anyone will read anything I post, so why bother? Tongue

Re: Does anyone actually use Google+? - wasi90lk - July 20th, 2013

I have a Google+ profile, but I barely update it. My profile page is pretty dead.

But I think it is a good alternative to Facebook. If Facebook ever gets shut down, I can see Google+ becoming #1.

Re: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Darth-Apple - July 20th, 2013

I think many people have already given up on Google + at this point, or at least many of the people I know have. I could see twitter + instagram taking over before Google +, but I think if facebook shut down there'd probably be a new network altogether that would show up haha.

I think facebook fills a large part of the social networking void, which is probably a big part of the reason Google + never really took off. As soon as there is a great void again, there will be an opportunity for newer networks to thrive again, but right now, the time just isn't right.

Re: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - July 20th, 2013

It really seems to be that Google+ has a ton of users and is growing rather fast, but that may just be me.

Re: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Acko - July 20th, 2013

I've pretty much given up on social networking period.

RE: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - July 22nd, 2013

Me too. Waste of time. And too many vain, conceited people Tongue

RE: Does anyone actually use Google+? - 3DWaffle1 - August 13th, 2013

Google + is not good. I do not like social network. I only giving away my personnel info. They like to sell the information to third party. They even sell our information to the government. I have tried Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus, and Myspace, Friendster, Tumblr and Soundcloud

RE: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Darth-Apple - August 13th, 2013

I agree, that is a major concern with social networking these days. I don't particularly like my information being used for things that are only really clarified in the fine print that few things will read. Monetary gain especially has become a huge goal of many social networks (especially facebook) who will sell pieces of your personal info gladly to get more clicks on an advertisement.

RE: Does anyone actually use Google+? - Marc - August 16th, 2013

(June 8th, 2013 at 2:15 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: So, does anyone actually use Google Plus anymore?

I'm thinking about using it because Google displays a photo of yourself as well as your name on search results of websites that you write for. I think that will increase the clickthrough rate for the website's search results. Those faces are the first results I look at, that's for sure.

(June 8th, 2013 at 2:54 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I suppose, considering that even having a google account at all technically puts you on Google +. It seems like their approach has turned google plus into the same failure that google buzz faced though. Honestly google buzz was several years too late considering facebook was becoming popular.

Yeah. I think you can deactivate your Google+ account, however, you must have a Google+ account if you're using YouTube. That's the only reason why my Google+ account is still alive. For now, that is.

(July 20th, 2013 at 11:01 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I think many people have already given up on Google + at this point, or at least many of the people I know have. I could see twitter + instagram taking over before Google +, but I think if facebook shut down there'd probably be a new network altogether that would show up haha.

To be honest, I don't see FaceBook shutting down in 20 years. That is, when Mark Zuckerberg is still running the social network. I wouldn't really call Twitter an alternative to FaceBook. You can't instantly chat with your friends and there's no "webcam time". As for Instagram, I've heard about it, however, I've never really bothered with signing up for an account. Still, although Google+ isn't used as much as FaceBook, it still has many users.

I think it's going to get a lot of webmasters and people who write for websites active on it. Take a look at me for example. I write for a couple of websites and I want that mug of me on Google search result pages, lol. I'm sure the photo will rake in the visitors, even if they're not interested in the content - that's how good things are, mwahaha!! * joking *