Makestation
Funny Images Thread - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Funny Images Thread (/showthread.php?tid=107)

Pages: 1 2

Funny Images Thread - That Punk Guy - June 7th, 2013

This funny image has a story behind it: so our local FOX station is changing their look and was testing their weather system, but it wasn't supposed to make it on-air, the test, so yesterday FOX 59 said we had a "Blizzard Warning", when there was no snow, and it was early June. LOL

Here's a pic of it (it's huge so click the link):
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/977978_10201419926403282_2056693579_o.jpg

Re: Funny Images Thread - Darth-Apple - June 7th, 2013

LOL, that's hilarious. I remember from back when I lived up there that the weather coverage wasn't ever the greatest.

Re: Funny Images Thread - That Punk Guy - June 7th, 2013

(June 7th, 2013 at 4:04 PM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: LOL, that's hilarious. I remember from back when I lived up there that the weather coverage wasn't ever the greatest.

Yeah, Indy weather isn't that great.

I love how WTHR (NBC 13) advertises their radar has no delay, when all radars DO have delays. It's only advertised like that cause WTHR is the only station in Indianapolis to own their radar tower, everyone else uses the airport data. (well, WISH-TV CBS 8 owns a tower near their studio but it's not full-power so they rarely use it.). I also nickname WTHR's main meterologist 'Chris Wrong' cause his name is Chris Wright. xD

They used to be a lot better up there. Then all of a sudden it became about all the super advanced technology they wanted to advertise and less about actually just predicting the weather.

Re: Funny Images Thread - simlink - June 7th, 2013

Our local stations don't mention the technology they use, they just predict the weather. Tongue

The indianapolis stations definitely aren't that way at all. The ones here are alright, but they aren't very accurate, so I just use MSN weather. Tongue

Re: Funny Images Thread - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - June 7th, 2013

Our NBC station advertises its 1-million-watt radar, no delay, etc. 1 million watts is a hell of a lot for a radar, and all radars have delays and its ignorant to say they don't.

Oh, and I usually just use the weather service's radar Tongue

(June 7th, 2013 at 5:55 PM)cheesesc4 link Wrote: Our NBC station advertises its 1-million-watt radar, no delay, etc. 1 million watts is a hell of a lot for a radar, and all radars have delays and its ignorant to say they don't.

Oh, and I usually just use the weather service's radar Tongue

Yeah, Indiana has two NOAA stations, one in Indianapolis, and one in Seymour, which I listen to sometimes.

Anyways, you guys see anything people could portray this sign as unintentionally?:
[Image: 6071941352_efb4880a74.jpg]

Re: Funny Images Thread - Gmdykfuiygh66476 - June 7th, 2013

I honestly have a hard time finding that racist. People that do are frankly stupid to think it is. It's just a road sign indicating two towns with coincidentally "racist" names.

(June 7th, 2013 at 6:01 PM)cheesesc4 link Wrote: I honestly have a hard time finding that racist. People that do are frankly stupid to think it is. It's just a road sign indicating two towns with coincidentally \"racist\" names.

Yeah, it's stupid. But, it's also the exit to get to the Amazon.com warehouse in Whitestown, along with the Anson business park they've been developing for I swear more than 5 years now.

I think people could take it that way, but I doubt that was the original intention of the sign.

(June 7th, 2013 at 6:03 PM)Darth-Apple link Wrote: I think people could take it that way, but I doubt that was the original intention of the sign.

Yeah, it's not the original intention. I should mention it's also in the middle of nowhere, literally, it's either fields or some sort of industrial stuff. Tongue

I know cause I go past it everytime I see my grandparents.

(June 7th, 2013 at 6:04 PM)Suzaku link Wrote: [quote author=Darth-Apple link=topic=103.msg941#msg941 date=1370628225]
I think people could take it that way, but I doubt that was the original intention of the sign.

I should mention it's also in the middle of nowhere, literally, it's either fields or some sort of industrial stuff. Tongue

[/quote]

Honestly, pretty much everything outside of Indianapolis and the chicago suburbs feels like the middle of nowhere in Indiana. At least that was how it was when I lived up there, but it's been a few years now. Tongue

Re: Funny Images Thread - titanicbuff - June 8th, 2013

Not sure why they'd do this- but it catches the eye.
[Image: 121-plumber.jpg]

Re: Funny Images Thread - Darth-Apple - June 8th, 2013

That's just wrong... Wow, just wow. LOL Tongue

Re: Funny Images Thread - Acko - June 8th, 2013

I would be embarrassed to drive in that.

And I also think these are stupid:
[Image: 6a00d8341c387d53ef011572241eac970b-600wi]

Re: Funny Images Thread - Darth-Apple - June 8th, 2013

I would too. No doubt about it.

Re: Funny Images Thread - titanicbuff - June 8th, 2013

Not sure what they were going for there.