Makestation
Your Religion - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Current Events (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Your Religion (/showthread.php?tid=1042)

Your Religion - Darth-Apple - May 15th, 2014

What religion do you identify with? Be sure to vote in the poll! (If your religion isn't identified above, let me know and I will add it to the poll. )

As always, be sure to be respectful of the beliefs of others. Religious debate is allowed, but attacking, demeaning, or otherwise insulting the beliefs of others is not permitted here.

RE: Your Religion - EHPrybylski - May 16th, 2014

I identify as Christian. I respect all religions, however, and believe they all hold value. I've learned a great deal about myself while studying Buddhism, for example.

RE: Your Religion - Darth-Apple - May 16th, 2014

(May 16th, 2014 at 2:28 AM)EHPrybylski Wrote: I identify as Christian. I respect all religions, however, and believe they all hold value. I've learned a great deal about myself while studying Buddhism, for example.

Same here. I enjoy studying religions outside of the one that I personally identify with. I think there is a lot to learn culturally from the diversity in religions.

RE: Your Religion - Guardian - May 18th, 2017

Raised in a Christian culture, and am now a non-believer.

RE: Your Religion - Darth-Apple - May 20th, 2017

I was very deeply religious growing up myself. My dad was a Sunday school teacher, so you know how that one goes. I was a preacher's kid of sorts.

I'm personally still religious. Definitely gone wild a tad. Growing up with too much religion isn't always such a good thing... Getting out on your own a bit can definitely change your perspective on things. Tongue

RE: Your Religion - Guardian - May 20th, 2017

(May 20th, 2017 at 12:57 AM)Hans Squeaky Wrote: I was very deeply religious growing up myself. My dad was a Sunday school teacher, so you know how that one goes. I was a preacher's kid of sorts.

I'm personally still religious. Definitely gone wild a tad. Growing up with too much religion isn't always such a good thing... Getting out on your own a bit can definitely change your perspective on things. Tongue

Yeah, my dad is/was a minister and is now about as militant an atheist as you will find. 

RE: Your Religion - SpookyZalost - May 20th, 2017

Would you believe I'm a Techno-Pagan/Technomancer?

from my perspective since technology is an extension of our will to affect the world around us we should respect that and view it as not just a tool but a part of ourselves... after all look at how we communicate these days.
though I have yet to meet any god in cyberspace... though if there was one, it'd be one of the unconscious, like the loa of voodoo legend with people speaking for it without realizing it... sorta chaos god like but with a purpose.

RE: Your Religion - Guardian - May 20th, 2017

(May 20th, 2017 at 4:44 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: Would you believe I'm a Techno-Pagan/Technomancer?

Wouldn't expect anything else! Tongue

RE: Your Religion - Thomas - June 26th, 2020

I'm probably methodist. I can't really get behind organized religion. I believe in and accept Jesus though, and should probably go to church more.

RE: Your Religion - tc4me - June 26th, 2020

The point "no religion" is missing, because we are without confession Wink