Makestation
Would you convert to another religion? - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Current Events (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Would you convert to another religion? (/showthread.php?tid=1040)

Would you convert to another religion? - Warwick - May 14th, 2014

Would you convert to another religion than your current one, and what would the reason be for you to decide to do this? Would you convert out of love (if you fell in love with someone of another religion)? For money? For the lulz? Huh

If you are an atheist, would you give religion a chance for love, if your partner was a believer? Confused

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - EHPrybylski - May 14th, 2014

Were I to convert to another religion it would be because that religion had something the one I have now doesn't. There's nothing specific that would get me to do it that I can think of, but I'd need something particularly compelling.

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - Darth-Apple - May 15th, 2014

There are some who are religious primarily because of the culture, but if it's not about the cultural aspect to it, I would need something that would convince me that my current beliefs weren't right in order to convert. I suppose I don't really see the point in religion if you don't believe in who you're worshiping. Tongue

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - SpookyZalost - May 25th, 2017

well I'm a techno-pagan, so I don't really see a need to convert to anything else... I do however respect other people's beliefs as a facet of my belief.

I would however fake being in another religion for money, because I've studied many religions to get to the point I'm at now, and I'm a fairly good actor... just as long as I'm not warshiping jihad or kali lol   Tongue

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - Darth-Apple - May 26th, 2017

There was a really powerful documentary i saw one time about faith healers. A guy faked being a religious "faith healer" (being able to perform miracle healings) and used a number of contraptions to make these healings appear real. The emotional response from the audience was remarkable, despite it all being fake. Goes to show, if your faith ain't real to you, is it really real?

The mind can do some really strange things.

It's a long documentary but it's a worthwhile watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuP5uOI7Xwc

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - SpookyZalost - May 30th, 2017

yeah the placebo effect when utilized properly is very powerful.

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - Guardian - May 30th, 2017

I'm a natural skeptic. So, only if solid evidence-based facts were presented, could I support and believe a religious teaching.

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - SpookyZalost - May 31st, 2017

(May 30th, 2017 at 11:03 PM)Guardian Wrote: I'm a natural skeptic. So, only if solid evidence-based facts were presented, could I support and believe a religious teaching.

eh I'm pro science and all that but I still feel like there's something not random to the universe, it feels odd sometimes when you look at the big picture ya know?

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - Darth-Apple - June 3rd, 2017

The way I look at it, the universe is like a painting. We could either look at it as a sheet of paper that randomly landed in a pool of paints and came out as a beautiful painting of the sky and the stars, by chance and probability, of endless possibilities, or we could look at it as a painting made by a designer. I suppose I personally believe it's simply in our nature to recognize design when we see it. I'm definitely a skeptic when it comes to individual religions, but I don't think I could personally doubt the existence of god simply because of the complexity and intricacy of the universe and the way that it supports life. The universe looks like a painting to me. Tongue

RE: Would you convert to another religion? - SpookyZalost - October 30th, 2017

well there is a signature of sorts, spirals appear everywhere and their shape seems almost copy-pasted, ironically they follow a sequence of prime numbers.

if that's not an artists signature I don't know what is! lol.